Monday, March 2, 2015

Positive distractions and a few additions

As my health slowly takes a turn upward, I'm feeling a bit more like my old self. I have quite a few projects on my docket and the brain juices are just starting to warm. Now if only the outdoors were warming also. March is finally here and as many of you (that live in the north eastern states, and perhaps elsewhere) know, it has come in like a white ice lion, and the old homestead still remains buried under six feet of snow. But in my mind's eye, I'm picturing yellow daffodils and prancing lambs on a verdant hillock beneath a radiant sky. 
 
Self affirmations laced with positive visualization, apparently for me, are still works in progress.

Speaking of work, this morning I looked over a short story that I wrote in the mid nineties. It's a framer for a larger piece that I started around the same time. I've decided I'll be cleaning it up and releasing it shortly as a free ebook on Kindle, and Smashwords. It'll probably round out at nine thousand words, so as far as I'm concerned, free will be the cost on this one. Make no mistake though, it's an important release. The story is the starting point for a major series of novels that I consider to be part of my favorites. So, as the rest of the year plays out I hope to be moving closer to completing the first full volume in that series.

Today, I'll be putting up a second tracker on this short story. Its title is: Traveler of the Nine Vaults. Abbreviated to TNV. Once the book is released on the above platforms, I'll pop up a couple thousand words of it for your enjoyment. Even though it will be free for download, I'd still like you all to have the opportunity to appraise it before dropping it onto one of your devices.

Also, I'm at thirty three percent for Daughter of the Laughing God, and hopefully I'll have a few thousand more words done before sundown.

Wish me luck. And I'll be wishing for all of us winter shut-ins warm and sunny days!

Best Always!

No comments:

Post a Comment